Monday 15 October 2012

Bienvenue à Strasbourg

Well...it has been awhile since I blogged, and you guessed it, I'm starting again because I'm on the road.   I'm in Strasbourg, France to be specific.  I arrived here on Sunday evening.  Strasbourg is in eastern France, on the German border.  I am here to learn more French and to gain a deeper understanding of Europe politics and military activities.  Strasbourg seems to be a great town, quiet and low-key.  The architecture of the city is cool, as there is a mix of Parisian-like stately buildings with balconies as well as Germanic buildings.  I started French school yesterday and the school is awesome!  I have 3 hours in the morning of group instruction, then 1.5 hours of group conversation, and 1 hour of individual instruction.  It was fantastic talking in French for the whole day yesterday - it had been a long time since I had done that.  I am living in a nice apartment, as my work couldn't find a French family for me to live with.  I miss my family a lot, but am grateful for this opportunity and will make the most of it.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you arrived in France safely and it sounds like you hit the ground running - or speaking a lot of French. You are in our prayers, as your cute family in CA. Love you much!

    ReplyDelete